Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Summer Schedule and Puppy Dog Tails


Today I sat down and made a schedule of sorts for our summer.  I want to keep Alivia busy and engaged. I am also watching a 7 year little boy this summer that I would like to keep happy and busy.  I have a confession… I have no idea what little boys like.  The only thing I know about little boys is that they are supposedly made of “snips and snails and puppy dog tails”.  Though this schedule is for the kids it very much for me also.  I work better with a plan.  I am more likely to accomplish things and less likely to be stressed out.  Our weekly schedule is going to look a little something like this:

 

Monday: Story Time
Tuesday: Create Something
Wednesday: Pool Day
Thursday: Field Trip
Friday: Cleaning Day

 

I am big fan of free things!!  I am working on a really tight budget this summer because I am not working “full time”.  (our family budget plan and organizing coming soon)  So most of what we are planning are free or for a much reduced price.  The pool is free (thanks to some awesome friends), our field trips are free (yeah for zoo passes!!) or under $5.00 a person, we have the local library that already has an awesome (free) story time and book reading program for us to take advantage of, and the crafty day will be since experiments and art projects we can do at home with things we already have at home!!! I will share with you some of our science experiments and crafts throughout the summer and any of the fun free things I find to do around the area. 

No comments:

Post a Comment