Saturday, July 13, 2013

DIY Wall Art

We have this place called the Peddlers Mall in town and you can rent out a booth out put your stuff in it and sell it, only you don't have to man the booth because everything is labeled and people just ring you up at the front.  Michael, Liv and I went to go check things out on Friday and found this awesome booth that sold a bunch of salvaged items from old houses.  We found some clapboard from an old house and were inspired!!!


Measure and Cut all the pieces to be the same length


 
We used a brad nailer to attach the clapboard to the back frame



 
I realy loved the worn paint and rustic look of the wood we got so all I did to prep the wood for painting was brush off the dirt and loose paint everything else stayed. ( I love things with a story)

 
 I used a projector to put the image I created on the board, if you are better then me I am sure you can free hand it or if you are using a smaller board there are lots of tutorials about transferring things from paper to wood.

 
I then traced over the design.  Something I learned... DONT USE A BLUE SHARPIE!!  The color will bleed through and it takes like 8 coats to cover, black however doesn't do this.

 
I then painted it with a white acrylic craft paint in a gloss because I liked the idea of old meeting new.

No comments:

Post a Comment