Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Cauli-freado

As most of you know I am doing a modified Whole30.  So far it has been great I have lost 4 lbs and my bloating has greatly decreased.  I feel better and have figured out the things that I want to eat and the things to stay away from.  One of the hardest things I have faced is small group.  We eat together every Friday night for diner and it is delish!!! we usually eat very unhealthy choices much less things that Whole30 compliant.  Last Friday we had Italian food.  I made some Whole30 compliant food for me to eat so I didn't feel left out of the yumminess.  I will give you the recipe for the Cauli-freado  that I made and put over spaghetti squash.  Let me tell you this is so yummy that I would eat it even without the Whole30 program happening!!


8 large cloves of garlic minced
2 tablespoons butter
5-6 cups of cauliflower florets (I used one large head)
6-7 cups of veggie broth/chicken broth/ water
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup whole milk or heavy whipping cream
1 6oz bag finely graded parmesan cheese ( the original recipe doesn't call for this but it gives it that real alfreado flavor and I find it necessary)

1. Sauté minced garlic in utter over low heat until the garlic is soft but not browned
2. Boil cauliflower for 7-10 minuets or until fork tender in the broth/water
3. Drain cauliflower keep back 2 cups of broth/water.
4. Add all ingredients to blender including 1 cup of the liquid and blend until it is a smooth puree

No comments:

Post a Comment