Saturday, September 7, 2013

It's 3:00 Somewhere

I hit a wall at 3:00.  I am ready for a nap or a really sweet snack to sugar me up and help me get through the rest of the day.  I can tell it is 3:00 just by the way I feel....lethargic grouchy and hungry but not in a "Oh my, I really want broccoli way".  Since today is first day of eating well I am blogging instead of eating.. not nearly as satisfying but it will have to do.  Today for breakfast I made some paleo egg muffins!  Can I just tell you they were AMAZING!!  Here is the recipe so you can also enjoy this deliciousness!

12 eggs
1 cup finely chopped spinach
1/2 of a medium zucchini graded
1/2 pound sausage cooked and drained

Wisk all of the ingredients together.  Spray a muffin pan with non-sticks spray and fill the cups up with your egg mixture.  Bake at 350 for approximately 15 minuets.  The freeze and reheat very well!

If you eat dairy a bit of cheese really makes it tasty as well but since that is not in the whole thirty it will have to wait until my 30 days are for cheese.  really these are so yummy I would eat them even without this challenge. 

For lunch I ate a  sandwich but not with bread with lettuce instead.... it was not satisfying at all and I had to put hummus on it to choke it down. I probably wont be eating that again.  Oh and I know hummus is considered a grain but it has never given me any digestive issues and if I am going to be eating all of these veggies  may as well enjoy them.  I am going to make my own paleo mayo tonight with extra light olive oil and an egg I post my results tomorrow as well as my dinner for tonight.  But for now even with the 3:00 ravings I am going to drink a big glass of water and eat and apple. 

No comments:

Post a Comment