Thursday, May 16, 2013

A Flaire for the Dramatic


Now that Alivia is old enough to play pretend I really enjoy listening to the things that she comes up with.    Today she was playing with Luc in the house area of our play room.  The baby they were playing with was apparently being very very naughty.   They kept tell her no, and not nice, and placing her in time out.  It then escalated to spanking the baby I sat and watched and listened for a while.  Eventually I asked them to please use kind words and be nice to the baby.  But soon enough everything went back to the way of the dramatic.  I know at their age much of what they see they mirror in play.   I wonder how Alivia sees her relationship with me?  Does she see me as only the person who disciplines and fusses at her?  I know that cannot be completely true because I am the first person she calls for when she has fallen down and hurt herself.  I also am the preferred person to snuggle up with on the couch.  My thoughts then wonder if maybe we as humans just run towards the dramatic.  Is it part of our sin nature?  Is a story still a great story if there is only happy?  Would the three little pigs be a frequently told story if there was no big bad wolf?  What about Goldie Locks?  What if she woke up and left house before the bears ever got home?  Just some thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment