Thursday, May 16, 2013


I seem to be doing battle with myself daily.  Some things are worth the fight some are not and I usually end up loosing the battle any way so why fight?  I am naturally proned to be bigger than anyone else.  I always have been.  I was 5’5” in the fifth grade and wearing ladies clothing.  I have always had a poor self-image and felt like I stuck out no matter what I did so why even bother trying to be like everyone else?  Well now it has nothing to do with fitting in or being like everyone else it now has to do with my family.  Michael and I want to have another kid when we have insurance.  While I was pregnant with Alivia I always had borderline high blood pressure and was watched very very closely my entire pregnancy with two overnight stays to be monitored.  I was eventually induced on my due date because my doctor thought it would be better to safe than sorry.  Well my induction led to almost 24 hours of labor and a C section afterwards.  Which lead to postpartum complications, which lead to a longer hospital stay, which lead to a whole slew of problems which lead to difficulties being a mom. I WANT TO AVOID ALL OF THAT!  I am starting my journey to become a better mom. I want to be the kind of mom that is able to chase my kids and play at the park with them and walk around the zoo all day.  I will be doing a weekly weigh in and picture, talking about my journey and just sharing my life.  As of right now I am watching my calorie intake and trying to exercise daily.  My ultimate goal is lose 100 pounds total.   But right now I am just looking to get my body healthy and happy. 

1 comment: